[Solved] Execution failed for task ':app:compiledebugjavawithjavac'

Hi!

I’m having problem building android app. After completing all the steps and then running npm run build:android build fails on
Task :react-native-webrtc:compileDebugJavaWithJavac FAILED

there is a long list of errors all with org.webrtc does not exist

/mattermost-app/node_modules/react-native-webrtc/android/src/main/java/com/oney/WebRTCModule/VideoTrackAdapter.java:5: error: package org.webrtc does not exist

Does anyone have idea what could be causing this. I’m building it on M1 macOS, java 17.0.4.1, gradle 7.6

Same thing is happening on the Intel Mac also, so it is not M1 related. Does anyone have any clue why is this happening?

It’s not Mac-only either, I have the same issue trying to compile v2.1.0 on my Linux PC.

V2.0 had issues too, but FTBFS wasn’t one of them.

Hi @uusijani and welcome to the Mattermost forums!

I’ve forwarded this issue to the community server in the developers channel, will report back if I get some feedback on this issue.

Just got feedback from one of the developers, here’s the answer:

This PR was merged 4 days ago pr-mattermost-mobile-7163 which fixes that problem if you use the npm run build:android command.

If they are building a branch other than main they would need to either do one of the following solutions

1. cherry pick the commit to the branch they are trying to build
  2. change the build process to
$ npm run clean && npm i
$ SKIP_SETUP=1 npm run build:android

Let me know if this helps!

Hi @agriesser! Yeah, matthaios-easy-bi (who I assume is the OP in this thread too) had reported this on Github and it got fixed after I chimed in. I can confirm that the fix works too, i.e. after cherry-picking the change to my branch the build works again.

Thanks!

Alright, thanks for confirming - I’m marking this as resolved now.