ESR version is reported as "Problem"

Summary
Workspace Optimization: running ESR version causes “Problem” in “Server updates” category

Steps to reproduce
Install latest ESR version (8.1.8 as of this report), then check System Console => Reporting => Workspace Optimization => Server updates

Expected behavior
A green :white_check_mark: check mark.

Observed behavior
A red :exclamation: exclamation sign.

Sorry for this slightly tongue-in-cheek report, but when I’m installing an ESR version of an application, and using the latest available ESR version, I’m slightly irritated when the software itself considers itself being or having a “Problem”. I’m also using ESR versions of Firefox and Thunderbird, for example, and they know that they’re ESR and only report themselves as outdated when there’s a newer ESR available, they and never consider themselves “problematic” because of being ESR.

So, I guess the actual question is: is there any way to get a green check mark when running an ESR version? I might miss an actual, real update if I’m used to always seeing a red exclamation mark there, even if I’m running the latest-and-greatest ESR version. :thinking: :man_shrugging:

Thanks for listening! :slight_smile:

Good point! I’ll raise this with the product team.

1 Like

Thanks, very much appreciated! :slight_smile: :+1:

https://mattermost.atlassian.net/browse/MM-56581