Mattermost dekstop app - constant websocket problem

Summary
Mattermost desktop app is not able to connect to websocket

Steps to reproduce
Using Mattermost desktop app. Continuous websocket connection error.
Mattermost server is reverse proxied by Nginx Proxy Manager
App is working without errors in browser and on phone app (Websocket connection is established)

Expected behavior
Mattermost app is working properly on multiple platforms, except on desktop app

Observed behavior
App is working without errors in browser and on phone app (Websocket connection is established). During usage of dekstop app, app is not able to recognize that it has SSL.

Broken instance in desktop app

Hi @major_malfunction and welcome to the Mattermost forums!

Do you by any chance use a self signed certificate? If so, can you check this issue, please?

If you’re using an official certificate and if your server is publicly reachable, please try to validate the certificate chain with Qualys SSLLabs Analyzer to rule out any obvious problems with the certificate chain.

If it’s still not working, please have a look at the logs of your desktop application and post the relevant logs here for further examination.

1 Like

Thank you for welcome @agriesser

I’m using Let’s Encrypt SSL on my Mattermost host. I have made the checks that are recommended and Qualys gives the Grade A for my SSL.

Logs on Desktop APP are reporting this:

Preload initialized
products.ts:63 Feature flag for product boards not enabled. Not loading it.
websocket.js:62 websocket connecting to wss://im.lumenspei.com/api/v4/websocket
VM5:417 registering Mattermost v5.2.2 with the server
websocket.js:112 websocket error
websocket.js:113 Event
websocket.js:90 websocket closed
websocket.js:112 websocket error
websocket.js:113 Event
43team_controller.tsx:65 computer woke up - fetching latest
websocket.js:67 WebSocket connection to ‘wss://im.lumenspei.com/api/v4/websocket?connection_id=&sequence_number=0’ failed:
initialize @ websocket.js:67
websocket.js:67 WebSocket connection to ‘wss://im.lumenspei.com/api/v4/websocket?connection_id=&sequence_number=0’ failed: