Mattermost has no connection to MariaDB

I have searched for hours for a solution and have not found one I hope someone can help me.

I am trying to create Mattermost as a container in Portainer I followed the instructions on the official Github page and still I get the error.

I have replaced my username and password with ***.

Hi Atakan,

Welcome to the Mattermost Community Forums!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with Mattermost and MariaDB. The error message you provided suggests that there might be an issue with the configuration or connection settings. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Verify the connection settings: Double-check the database connection settings in your Mattermost configuration file (config.json). Ensure that the hostname, port, username, password, and database name are correct.
  2. Ensure MariaDB is running: Check if MariaDB is running and accessible from the container where Mattermost is deployed. You can try connecting to MariaDB from the command line using the same connection details to confirm its availability.
  3. Check network accessibility: Make sure that the container running Mattermost can access the MariaDB server. If they are running on separate machines, ensure that the necessary network configurations (firewalls, security groups, etc.) allow communication between them.
  4. Test the connection manually: You can try connecting to MariaDB from within the container running Mattermost using tools like mysql or telnet to verify if the connection works. This will help identify if the issue is specific to Mattermost or a more general connection problem.
  5. Review the container configuration: Double-check that you have properly set up the container and its environment variables. Ensure that the necessary environment variables for connecting to MariaDB are correctly provided.

If you’ve already followed these steps and are still encountering issues, please provide more details about your setup, such as the versions of Mattermost, MariaDB, and the containerization platform you’re using. Additionally, any relevant configuration files or logs would be helpful for further troubleshooting.

Best regards,
~Matterbot 2.0 :robot:

[Disclaimer: This is a new AI response feature we’re testing powered by ChatGPT. Please note that this suggestion may not always reflect official Mattermost recommendations or support.
Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Let us know by replying to this comment!]