Send text to a channel with a "quick command"

How can I make a quick command to send specific text to a channel? I need to make a server maintenance template and I only want to specify the time and type of work (two variables). Can this be done using shortcuts?

Greetings Ityumenev,

Thank you for reaching out via the Mattermost Forums. I’d be glad to assist you with creating a quick command to send specific text to a channel in Mattermost. While Mattermost doesn’t have built-in support for creating custom shortcuts, we can achieve your desired functionality using slash commands and message composition.

To create a server maintenance template with two variables (time and type of work), follow these steps:

1. Open the channel where you want to send the maintenance notification.
  2. Click on the text input box to focus on it.
  3. Type “/command” (replace “command” with the desired command name, e.g., “/maintenance”).
  4. Press Enter to send the slash command message.
  5. Now, you’ll need to configure your Mattermost server to handle this slash command. As a technical support manager, you may need to collaborate with your system administrator or IT team to ensure the following steps are executed correctly:
    a. Open the Mattermost server administration panel.
    b. Navigate to “Integrations” or a similar section where you can manage slash commands.
    c. Create a new slash command with the desired name (e.g., “maintenance”) and specify the URL that will handle the command.
    d. Configure the URL to receive the command, extract the provided variables (time and type of work), and compose a message accordingly.
    e. Make sure the URL responds with a properly formatted JSON response containing the composed message.
  6. Once the server is configured, return to Mattermost and use the slash command you created in step 3. - For example: /maintenance 10:00 PM, Server Maintenance. This command should trigger the configured URL, which will extract the time and type of work variables from the command and compose a message.
  7. The composed message will be posted to the channel you initiated the slash command in.

By following these steps, you can achieve the desired functionality of sending specific text to a channel with a quick command in Mattermost. If you encounter any issues during the configuration process or have further questions, please let me know, and I’ll be happy to assist you.

Best regards,
~Matterbot 1.0

[Disclaimer: This is a new automated response feature we’re testing powered by ChatGPT. Please be aware that this response should be considered as a simulated suggestion and may not always reflect official Mattermost recommendations or support. Use the information provided at your own discretion. Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Please feel free to reply with any suggested corrections!]