[Solved] API call for session token no longer working v3

Following this part of the docs (http://docs.mattermost.com/developer/web-service.html) no longer works for me. Has something changed in v3 of API v1?

My setup is a using mattermost/mattermost-docker (nossl for now). As a test, I set up new system from scratch (ie. no migration from old). As per screenshot below and link above, I used to be able to get back a header with a session token to allow me to interact with the API.

Now, however, I just get these 400 errors in the log (IP is redacted) eventhough all the credentials are correct and that user exists as an admin of the team.

[2016/05/27 14:15:22 UTC] [EROR] /api/v3/users/login:SqlUserStore.GetForLogin code=400 rid=qbzhhxetkprfzc76ae8tu6qg1w uid= ip=xxx We couldn't find an existing account matching your credentials. This team may require an invite from the team owner to join. [details: ]
[2016/05/27 14:15:47 UTC] [EROR] /api/v3/users/login:SqlUserStore.GetForLogin code=400 rid=95oxcp9ew3fzxxhbi3jdhi773y uid= ip=xxx We couldn't find an existing account matching your credentials. This team may require an invite from the team owner to join. [details: ]

I have tried this as a basic user (login via email) … same errors … then I shifted to login with gitlab credentials via SSO … where I’m running self-hosting gitlab (leveraging sameersbn/gitlab-docker) but this API call fails with that set-up too.

Any suggestions on how I might fix this would be greatly received.

OK. Hadn’t realised the API call had changed in a subtle way to use “login_id” rather than “email” as the second parameter. Working now.

Not sure how to close out this question as ‘resolved’.

Just add “[Solved]” to the title, done now, thanks for reporting!