I’m setting up mattermost on GCE while following https://docs.mattermost.com/install/install-ubuntu-1804.html .
I’m stacking at “Installing Mattermost Server — 8.Test the Mattermost server to make sure everything works.” in the tutorial page. I think I followed instruction so far without fail, but I cannot access Mattermost instance.
When I run it by
sudo -u mattermost ./bin/mattermost , message
"Server is listening on [::]:8065" appears.
But accessing by
curl http://localhost:8065 , I receive html that says
We're having trouble connecting to Mattermost. If refreshing this page (Ctrl+R or Command+R) does not work, please verify that your computer is connected to the internet.
curl http://<ip-address-of-server>:8065 , I receive nothing. And I enter this URL in browser, it says
Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at <ip-address-of-server>.
Are there any extra settings to access Mattermost? Thank you for helping me.
Here are some additional questions to help troubleshoot this:
- What happens if you try Ctrl+R or Command+R?
- What Mattermost server version are you on?
- What is the device (webapp, desktop app) and what is the browser (Windows, Mac, etc.)?
- Can you also help send/check the contents of the Developer Tools Console?
- To increase log level, you can do the following: Set the File Log Level to Debug: Go to System Console > General > Logging and set File Log Level to DEBUG. If you can’t access the System Console find this line in config.json
This thread might also help: [SOLVED] Server started but app not connecting and no logs
- I forgot to say I receive html
~If refreshing this page (Ctrl+R or Command+R) does not~ on command line. And this command line is connected to VM on GCE(Google Compute Engine) with SSH.
- Mattermost 5.12.1
- My browser is Firefox67.0.4 on Windows10
- Firefox shows this default connection error page, so there are no additional information on the Developer Tools Console:
I will check log setting and collect more information.