Boards: Can I create a board card directly from a message?

Hi! I’m a new user to Mattermost, loving it so far.

Something I’ve wanted to do a few times already is create a board card directly from a message. For example, if someone asks me to do something, can I somehow turn that message into a card in the kanban Board of that same channel or some other channel?

I’ve been looking around and googling and I’ve not been able to find a way to do this.

Cheers!

Feel free to post this feature request in the Focalboard repo here Issues · mattermost/focalboard · GitHub.

Hi @miguel-bm Just wondering if you ever found a way to add a message to a board or if you have identified a work around that works for you?

Thanks!

Hi Julieo and welcome to the Mattermost forums!

This feature is not available at the moment, but already has been requested, here’s a link to the issue on GitHub:

There’s also a related one which would allow adding messages to an existing card:

For now there’s no workaround, the only thing that might help is to create an outgoing webhook or a custom slash command that uses the focalboard plugin’s API to create a card, but I’m not sure if this will work, just a thought (haven’t tried it either).