Can not add reaction with API

Hello,

The post is initially created using bot. I am trying to add reactions to the post with API, however, I got a 403 error saying I can not save reaction for another user.

How can I add reactions with API?

Hello, @ilyakonovalenko

Specifically under Create a reaction section, can I please confirm how did you run the API on your end and can you also the sample command here (you can remove the user_id and post_id) so we can check if it is structured properly?

Is your personal access token has the right permission based on the documentation here?

Also, were you able to add a reaction to the post directly on the desktop / web browser app?

Hello,

I am using the following:

• URL: /api/v4/reactions
  • Method: POST
  • JSON: {“user_id”:MY_ID,“post_id”:POST_ID,“emoji_name”:":email:",“created_at”:1590137025.2786}

I am not sure about created_at field, I used microtime() PHP function to generate it. I also tried 0, as described in the API.

The error I am geting is: api.reaction.save_reaction.user_id.app_error

Hello, @ilyakonovalenko

I have tested this on my end and can confirm that the following command works on my end, even without the created_at parameter:

curl --location --request POST "<url>/api/v4/reactions" --header "Authorization: Bearer <personal_token>" --header "Content-Type: application/json" --header "X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest" --data "{\"user_id\":\"<your_user_id>\", \"post_id\":\"<post_id>\", \"emoji_name\":\"email"\"}

Replace the with the FQDN of your instance, <personal_token> with your personal token generated, and <post_id> with the post ID that you are adding the reaction to.

Let me know how it goes on your end. Thanks.

Hello,

Have you tried to add the reaction to the post you created manually or to the post created with bot/webhook?

In my case the reaction is going to be added to the post which was created with webhook. So it maybe the problem.

Hi, @ilyakonovalenko

The one that I tested was on the post that I created manually on the desktop app. Nevertheless, did you try to add the reaction using the cURL command I shared on your webhook post?

curl --location --request POST "<url>/api/v4/reactions" --header "Authorization: Bearer <personal_token>" --header "Content-Type: application/json" --header "X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest" --data "{\"user_id\":\"<your_user_id>\", \"post_id\":\"<post_id>\", \"emoji_name\":\"email"\"}