Can we implement Elasticsearch in mattermost teams edition?

I hope you are good and doing well. I want to know about implementation of Elasticsearch in mattermost teams edition. Can we implement Elasticsearch in mattermost teams edition? or it is only available on enterprise edition?

Hi manzoor77,

Elasticsearch is an enterprise only feature as you can read in the documentation:
https://docs.mattermost.com/scale/elasticsearch.html

The only supported non-database search method for the teams edition is Bleve.

@agriesser Thank you for you response. I got it.
I have an other question. I have installed teams edition on local machine run its runs successfully. I have done mattermost server setup from official link provided by mattermost. it runs 4 containers in my docker for local server. My question is postgress container is used now for my db. what other container are doing here? should I delete other three (inbucket,minio,mysql)? does It effect on my local server or not?? if effects then why we are using it, what is the purpose of these three containers and where it configured in server code.

I don’t know what deployment option you used - when you follow the docker deployment instructions on Deploy Your Self-Hosted Mattermost Server | Mattermost, you will end up with three containers:

• Database
  • Application Server
  • Reverse Proxy

The containers you have here seem to be from different releases or that seems to be a development setup which supports all possible backends in order to develop against MySQL and PostgreSQL and also spins up an S3 Storage Server (minio and inbucket) to test and develop against an S3 backend for additional filestorage means.
If you just want to operate a Mattermost server for your users, you used the wrong deployment method and should switch to the docker compose solution mentioned on Deploy Your Self-Hosted Mattermost Server | Mattermost.

@agriesser Thanks for your quick reply. I have setup my mattermost server using this link Developer setup
now I want to move my database to another server or into separate server. so how we can avoid creating these containers.

This is a developer setup, not meant for production deployments.
You will need to find out if you stored your data in the MySQL or PostgreSQL database, you can either shut down one of the containers and see if it’s still working to find that out or you can check the info page in your mattermost app to see the database schema version (postgres, mysql). Once you know which database holds your data, you will then need to dump the data out of this database using either mysqldump or pg_dump and to do that, you will also need to open the database port of the container to your host so you can connect to it (or alternatively, you can run mysqldump or pg_dump from within the containers if the applications are installed there and dump the data to a volume that is shared with your host).

Once you have the dumps you can import them to your new database server (using mysql or psql commands) and you can then shut down the database containers and change the environment variables or config.json settings that point to the database accordingly.

After that, you will have to find out if your setup users one of the minio or inbucket containers for datastorage to know if you also need to migrate data off them.