I took over the mattermost administration of our local server.
We run version 5.31.7 right now.
Since I do not have any experience with server admin stuff I wanted to make a test server on another machine to try stuff out, like upgrading the version for example.
I upgraded to version 6 and then 7. Already when upgrading to version 6 I had the issue that the Channels names are not listed anymore in the sidebar on the left. I can still access them via the search though.
I use postgresql for the database.
I found those two posts:
Sadly I couldn’t manage to solve the problem.
Steps to reproduce
- I installed Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS on and old computer.
- Following [this]( Install Mattermost Server on Ubuntu 22.04|20.04|18.04 | ComputingForGeeks) guide until Step 7 I installed the server with version 5.31.9 ESR
- Everything went fine, I populate the server with some channels and sent files / messages
- I then upgraded to version 6.7.2 using the official upgrade [guide]( Upgrade Mattermost Server)
- After that I had the sidebar issue
- I finally upgraded to 7.0.2 and then to 7.4.0
- Everything seems to work besides the sidebar problem
Sidebar should still be there containing all the channel names