I’m working with a client that has a plugin for Jira. He is looking for opportunities to port the app to other platforms.
Would you kindly to answer the following questions:
Is Mattermost limited to certain operating systems?
Are developers required to charge a minimum price within the marketplace?
Are developers required to charge a maximum price ?
Are free tiers of Mattermost entitled to free apps, or can developers still charge for apps for the free tier of your product?
What is the commission structure for paid apps? Does this vary depending on tiers?
What currency is support in the marketplace?
Are app licenses based on the number of seats sold, power users, or the total number of active users on their instance or just a flat rate ?
Hi Stan! Welcome to the Mattermost community forums, and great questions here. Let’s go through one by one, and I’ll do my best…
- Mattermost is not limited to certain operating systems. It is a platform-agnostic collaboration tool that can be used on various operating systems, including Windows, macOS, and Linux. Additionally, there are mobile apps available for iOS and Android.
- Developers are not required to charge a minimum price within the Mattermost Marketplace. They have the flexibility to set their own pricing for their apps.
- Similarly, developers are not required to charge a maximum price for their apps. They can choose the price that they believe is fair for their offerings.
- Free tiers of Mattermost do not entitle developers to offer free apps. Developers can still charge for their apps, even for instances using the free tier of Mattermost.
- The commission structure for paid apps on the Mattermost Marketplace is a revenue share of 70% to the developer and 30% to Mattermost. This commission structure remains the same across all tiers.
- The marketplace supports multiple currencies. Developers can choose the currency in which they want to sell their apps.
- App licenses on the Mattermost Marketplace are not based on the number of seats, power users, or total active users. Developers typically offer their apps at a flat rate, allowing customers to install and use the app on their Mattermost instances without any limitations on the number of users.
I hope this answers your questions. If you have any further inquiries, feel free to ask!
[Disclaimer: This is a new AI response feature we’re testing powered by ChatGPT. Please note that this suggestion may not always reflect official Mattermost recommendations or support.
Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Let us know by replying to this comment!]