Issues building mobile applications

Hi,

I’m looking to build re-branded applications for iOS and Android.

I’ve configured my Fastlane environment as follows:

APP_NAME="OSMC Chat"
SYNC_IOS_PROVISIONING_PROFILES="true"
MAIN_APP_IDENTIFIER="tv.osmc.chat"
SUBMIT_ANDROID_TO_GOOGLE_PLAY="true"
SUPPLY_TRACK="beta"
BUILD_FOR_RELEASE="true"
SUBMIT_ANDROID_TO_GOOGLE_PLAY="false"
SUPPLY_PACKAGE_NAME="tv.osmc.chat"
EXTENSION_APP_IDENTIFIER="tv.osmc.chatShare"
IOS_APP_GROUP="group.tv.osmc.chat"
IOS_ICLOUD_CONTAINER="iCloud.tv.osmc.chat"
MATCH_USERNAME="myemail"
MATCH_PASSWORD="mypassword
MATCH_APP_IDENTIFIER="tv.osmc.chatShare,tv.osmc.chat"
SUBMIT_IOS_TO_TESTFLIGHT="true"
MATCH_TYPE="appstore"
IOS_BUILD_EXPORT_METHOD="appstore"

When I try and build the iOS Application, I get:

[16:50:47]: ▸ === BUILD TARGET MattermostShare OF PROJECT Mattermost WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===
[16:50:47]: ▸ Check dependencies
[16:50:47]: ▸ Code Signing Error: No profiles for 'tv.osmc.chatShare' were found:  Xcode couldn't find any iOS App Development provisioning profiles matching 'tv.osmc.chatShare'. Automatic signing is disabled and unable to generate a profile. To enable automatic signing, pass -allowProvisioningUpdates to xcodebuild.
[16:50:47]: ▸ Code Signing Error: Code signing is required for product type 'App Extension' in SDK 'iOS 12.1'

I’m not sure why this is the case. I went in to XCode and temporarily renamed the app to tv.osmc.chatShare so that XCode would generate a profile. I see that this is now reflected under Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles on the Apple Developer page.

I’m sure I’m doing something obviously wrong here. Can you advise?

Further, I am having issues with the Android build. When I run make-android with Android Studio and the dependencies recommended in the tutorial, I get:

‘To use the java’ command line-tool you need to install a JDK’. I am running macOS Mojave. Can you advise which JDK is appropriate? Is JDK 11 appropriate?

Thanks in advance

Sam

Hi @sam_1,

Would you be open to opening an Issue for this in our Gitbub Mobile repo: https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-mobile/issues? Our mobile engineers monitor the repo regularly and I’m less familiar with how to build the app.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Thanks @amy.blais.

I’ve done this now.

Sam

1 Like