Looking for Feedback on Bulk Import Tool

We’re working on a tool that will let you import users, teams, channels, and posts in bulk.

The outline for what’s planned can be found here: Bulk Loading System Design - Google Docs

If it’s something you’re interested in, please feel free to add comments or come sign up to our team site and join the Bulk Loading Channel to come discuss the topic and follow along on progress.

2 Likes

Posted in your team site but the channel appears inactive. Basically, it looks like you’re building a feature that would be a general and live importing tool, but you have no examples of exporters that produce your data format yet. Is that right?

I am part of a distributed organization that adopted mattermost (via gitlab) pretty early. so the left hand had one mattermost instance running and the right hand had another. I’d like to merge the team (and all data) from the right hand as a new team on the left hand’s instance. it looks like this feature could do that but I don’t see any actual method for producing the data to import. One plus: users all ultimately come from the same SSO (gitlab).