Permanent viewing of the archived channels and their unarchiving

Hello.

I am set a mark “ExperimentalViewArchivedChannels”: true
and can archive channels.

If I know the link to the channel I can view it.

Is it possible to configure the permanent display of channels in the list of common channels and the possibility of unarchiving them?

I would like to always see other arhive chanels:

Hi @Shevchik, here is more information about archiving channels and some options you can look at: https://docs.mattermost.com/help/getting-started/organizing-conversations.html#archiving-a-channel.

Hi @amy.blais, thank you, but this article has no information about it:

Is it possible to configure the permanent display of channels in the list of common channels and the possibility of unarchiving them?

I would like to always see other arhive chanels:

@amy.blais

Please specify if there are any ideas?

Hi Shevchik,

As far as I can tell, it is currently not possible to view the archived channels from the UI regularly. I found a feature request for this here : MM-506, which is part of an Epic that works on various other feature requests regarding archiving and archived channels : MM-354.

I’d highly recommend you to Watch MM-506, so that you will receive notifications whenever there are any updates to it.

First post, so “Hi” to everyone!

The User’s Guide says, in respect of Un-Archiving:
" Search for the channel if required. Then, open the channel, select the channel name at the top of the center pane to access the drop-down menu, then select Unarchive Channel . Anyone can unarchive the Public channels or Private channels they belonged to when it was archived."
So I archived a Private channel. So far, so good.
Then I tried searching for it. No way of doing that…
So, I came here, to read this from @joewai.tye :
" As far as I can tell, it is currently not possible to view the archived channels from the UI regularly. I found a feature request for this here : MM-506 , which is part of an Epic that works on various other feature requests regarding archiving and archived channels : MM-354 .

I’d highly recommend you to Watch MM-506, so that you will receive notifications whenever there are any updates to it."
Is it possible, please, to get an update on Un-Archiving?
Many thanks - David.

Update to 5.22 or better: