Upgrade path from 4.1 to 5.4

Can we do a direct upgrade from 4.1 to 5.4?

I’m also running the enterprise version on 4.1. We’re waiting for the license renewal but if I upgrade anyway, will I still have my current functionality? Or will I lose LDAP authentication until I get the new license?

Thanks!

Hey @tomb7

1. You can upgrade directly from 4.1 to 5.4. However, I woulds strongly recommend following our upgrade guides, including database backups, and carefully reviewing the list of important upgrade notes
  2. If your Enterprise license has expired, I would recommend waiting until you have received the new one before upgrading. If it has not expired, then you can safely upgrade.

Let me know if you have any further questions :slight_smile:

Perfect! Just wanted to make sure following the upgrade guide was the only thing I needed to do.

The Enterprise license has expired. I’m guessing we’re having random LDAP authentication issues because of it. Since the PO is in processes, I’ve requested another trial license to ensure that we’re functional over the holiday for all users. Hopefully that comes through and we can ride that out until the PO is executed.

1 Like