Any tutorial of MM Docker installation on Synology?

We’d highly welcome contributions to Mattermost open source documentation based on the below information. If you’re interested in helping, please reply to this post?

I want to install the MatterMost on my synology by docker, but I found there is no tutorial for that.

I would also like to install Mattermost on my Synology via docker. Is there any manual available?

Hi albertvisuals and welcome to the Mattermost forums!

Unfortunately, I do not have a compatible synology at home - can you verify that yours is compatible?

Hello @agriesser,
Yes on my Synology docker is available.

OK, in this case, the normal Docker deploy instructions should be applicable, as long as the CPU architecture is compatible to the binaries.

I am not sure, as the install path on Synology are different. It would be really helpful to have a Synology-docker-compose file available. This could be run easily in Portainer. And install would be a breathe.
Would be great if this could be compiled.

I personally do, unfortunately, not have access to a Synology or QNAP NAS (both have been mentioned here in the forums already), so I can just offer my help if someone can give me access to such a thing :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help! Sadly I don’t have any development ones, just my production one, where I cannot give access due to legislations…

Marius hosting has a tone of Docker compose files for the synology on his website (sadly not mattermost), but maybe this could help to write one. E.g. How to Install Rocket.Chat on Your Synology NAS – Marius Hosting

The standard docker file path on synology lives under: /volume1/docker/