Boards and playbooks on mobile client

hi there,

is there any work being done, bringing boards and playbooks to the mobile clients?

2 Likes

The foundation to integrate those two plugins into the mobile client has been laid with the 2.0 release of the mobile client. The next few releases will focus on bugfixes and other missing features and Iā€˜m sure that boards and playbooks will, at some point, be added but it will not be anytime soon Iā€˜m afraid :frowning:

Hi there.
Could you share if thereā€™s any update regarding this?
Thanks

Hi shrey,

sorry to say, but thereā€™s no progress on that so far.

Ah, thatā€™s too bad!

Could you share if there are any plans for them?

I was quite surprised when we found out, after switching over to Mattermost, that all the cool, purported features, like Boards and Playbooks, arenā€™t mobile-friendly/available!

The whole point of an instant collaboration (and not just chat) tool is to be able to collaborate at any time, almost instantly, which automatically necessitates mobile usage in most scenarios.

The features not being present in the mobile apps would have been unfortunate but doable if at least the app (with all features) was mobile friendly. But apparently, even thatā€™s not the case.

yep - same here - same for the new ā€œremindā€ feature which would be totally handy on the mobile app

1 Like

The whole point of an instant collaboration (and not just chat) tool is to be able to collaborate at any time, almost instantly, which automatically necessitates mobile usage in most scenarios.

1 Like

Great feedback here, yā€™all! Thank you. Iā€™ll be sure to pass this along.

I just want to say that our organisation is missing a mobile application for Boards as well and sadly we are discussing to leave Mattermost already again because it is just not possible to use boards with mobile devices :confused:
I would appreciate it, if there will be changes soon :slight_smile:
Thanks for your work!

1 Like

Hello Devs!
Hope we are not annoying you too much and I want to say we are really happy with the software so far!
Still, any updates regarding this request? We have many people who are constantly moving around and only have their mobile device with them and it would be awesome if there is any chance we will get this feature anytime soon.
I am also willing to donate some compensation for the dev doing this if this can increase the motivation.
Thanks and kind regards, S.Sikora
Edit:
Just saw this Post: Upcoming product changes to Boards and various plugins
Guess i will write it on Github then, thanks!

1 Like

Boards has been deprecated from the core product and is now a community-supported plugin. So weā€™re extremely unlikely to see work done on Boards integration into the mobile apps unless the community contributes it.

@john.oliver
@staff

But Playbooks is a ā€˜coreā€™ and highly integral part of the product, right?

It really baffles my mind how that is still restricted to desktop version only!

Not any longer. Boards is now 100% community supported.

@john.oliver
Seems like you just misread what @shrey asked. Itā€™s not about Bords. Itā€™s about Playbooks. What is the roadmap to integrate Playbooks into the mobile client. This plugin is still core, with v 2.0 / begin 2023 the foundation to bring it to the mobile application was announced.

1 Like

@Bobblue you are correct! We have a public-facing roadmap at Roadmap - Mattermost but that doesnā€™t answer this question. Iā€™ll ask, but a lot of times info on future releases is held a little more closely since things can slip for a number of reasons, and we donā€™t want to be in the position of hearing ā€œBut you promised Feature X in version 10 and I planned my whole business around that!ā€ :slight_smile: