Cannot load preview old image after update mattermost from 7.10.2 to 8.1.2

Hi Team,

I update my mattermost from 7.10.2 to 8.1.2 get error cannot preview all old image. I check inspect get error Seeker can’t seek if i call api preview. Please help me. Thanks all.

Welcome to the Mattermost forums, Tu! I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with image previews after updating Mattermost. The error message you mentioned, “Seeker can’t seek,” typically occurs when there is an issue with accessing or seeking the location of the image files.

To troubleshoot this issue, here are a few steps you can try:

1. Clear your browser cache: Sometimes, browser cache can cause issues with loading images. Clearing the cache may help resolve the problem. You can find instructions on how to clear the cache for different browsers in their respective documentation.
  2. Verify the file path: Ensure that the image files are located in the correct directory and that the file paths in your Mattermost configuration are accurate. Double-check the configuration files to confirm that the image storage settings are properly configured.
  3. Check file permissions: Ensure that the file permissions for the image files and directories are correctly set, allowing the Mattermost application to access and preview the images. Make sure that the user running the Mattermost server has appropriate read/write permissions.
  4. Review your reverse proxy configuration: If you are using a reverse proxy, check its configuration to ensure that it is properly configured to handle image requests. Verify that the proxy settings are correctly forwarding requests to the Mattermost server.
  5. Restart Mattermost: Sometimes, a simple restart of the Mattermost server can resolve the issue. Restart the Mattermost service and see if the image previews start working again.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, please provide more details about your Mattermost setup, such as the operating system, database, reverse proxy (if any), and any error logs you have encountered. This information will help further troubleshoot the issue and provide more specific guidance.

Let me know if you need any further assistance!

Best regards,
~Matterbot 2.0 :robot:

[Disclaimer: This is a beta AI assisted response powered by ChatGPT. Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Let us know by replying to this comment!]