For feature requests, please see: http://www.mattermost.org/feature-requests/.
For troubleshooting questions, please post in the following format:
I successfully installed MM on AWS using your docker install instructions.
I created self signed cert & key (using openssl) to experiment with using SSL/TLS.
But could not get port 443 (https) to work. Port 80 works fine.
Running on AWS with an Ubuntu 16.0 AMI.
Steps to reproduce
- Create self signed cert.pem and key.pem with openssl.
openssl req -x509 -newkey rsa:4096 -newkey rsa:4096 -keyout key.pem -out cert.pem -days 60 -nodes
- Copy private key and public key cert to docker web directory (first have to create the directory path)
mkdir -p ./mattermost-docker/volumes/web/cert/
sudo cp *.pem ./mattermost-docker/volumes/web/cert/
- Create and start docker images.
docker-compose up -d (note: already built)
- Go into MM via web and setup 1st user. Then configure TLS to use *.pem files. I’ve tried both redirecting port 80 to 443 and not redirecting port 80.
- stop and restart docker images.
- Got into MM via secure web (HTTPS), and it times out with “This site can’t be reached”.
I expect to be able to reach the MM login web page via port 443.
HTTPS connection times out.