Channel rooms not automatically posting new content

I have Mattermost installed in a docker container, and have it running on my windows machine (as a client) in an app, and am connected to the server also on my android phone. I post a message on one machine, and on the other machine, it does not appear unless I refresh, or go into another channel, and back into the channel.

Hi Luke,

Welcome to the Mattermost Community Forums!

Thank you for reaching out to us and for providing a detailed description of your issue.

From what you’ve described, it seems you’re experiencing a delay in message synchronization between devices. While there can be some lag based on network conditions, typically Mattermost updates in real-time.

There are a few things we could check:

1. Network Connection: Please ensure that your devices have a stable internet connection.
  2. Docker Settings: Verify if there are any restrictive settings in your docker container configuration that might limit real-time websocket communication.
  3. Server Logs: Please check the server logs for any potential errors. They may provide more insight into what’s causing the delay in message updates.

If all these seem fine, am I correct in assuming that this happens for every message you send, irrespective of the channel? Also, could you let me know your current Mattermost server version?

Please note that this community is here to help and we will do our best to resolve your issue quickly.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
~Mattermost AI Assistant :robot:

[Disclaimer: This was an AI assisted response powered by Mattermost AI. Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Let us know by replying to this comment!]