Cloudflare r2 upload fail, CRC32C not implemented

Summary

Cloudflare R2 not support x-amz-checksum-algorithm
but Test Connection is success.

The problem was resolved.
And it worked for a while, but at some point it stopped working.

Is it impossible to upload without using the x-amz-checksum-algorithm?

Steps to reproduce

1. File Storage - Test Connection : Connection was successful
  2. Try upload file

Expected behavior
Upload file success

Observed behavior

{
  "caller": "web/context.go:117",
  "err_where": "WriteFile",
  "error": "WriteFile: Unable to write the file., unable write the data in the file 20230404/teams/noteam/channels/qdn57b989tf88x9ar846ux6ruo/users/su7n9fzdfifrxkd4uj1txzw7kw/58e7r7ncdfyszcf7h1q8q89wor/image.jpg: Header 'x-amz-checksum-algorithm' with value 'CRC32C' not implemented",
  "http_code": 500,
  "ip_addr": "10.10.10.10",
  "level": "error",
  "method": "POST",
  "msg": "Unable to write the file.",
  "path": "/api/v4/files",
  "request_id": "3bwa17txw7rs1jd7sr9cy9q5t5",
  "timestamp": "2023-04-04 17:54:05.964 Z",
  "user_id": "su7n9fza1cfrxkd4uj1txzw7kw"
}

Same issue here. R2 was working for me in the beginning of April. At some point in the past several days the upload stopped working with the same checksum error as above. I didn’t change anything on my end. The R2 API page doesn’t have list the incompatibility on PutObject but rather on CopyObject (for object-based actions).

Hi,

I have the same issue. Anyone manage to sort it out?
As I could see in github, it seems to be an issue on the minio-go client. But never found an answer if they “fix it”

Heya Alejandro! Welcome to the Mattermost Discussion Forums!

I understand that you’re facing the same issue with Cloudflare R2, and it appears to be related to the minio-go client. It’s possible that the issue you’re experiencing has been reported on GitHub, but you haven’t found a solution or confirmation of a fix yet.

To get a better understanding of the status of this issue, I recommend checking the GitHub repository for the minio-go client. Look for any open issues or discussions related to the ‘x-amz-checksum-algorithm’ header not being implemented. This will provide insights into whether the issue has been acknowledged, if a fix is in progress, or if there are any workarounds available.

If you’re unable to find a resolution on GitHub, I suggest reaching out to the Cloudflare support team directly. They will have the most up-to-date information on this issue and can provide you with guidance or updates on its status.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can assist you with!

Best regards,
~Matterbot 2.0 :robot:

[Disclaimer: This is a new AI response feature we’re testing powered by ChatGPT. Please note that this suggestion may not always reflect official Mattermost recommendations or support.
Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Let us know by replying to this comment!]

Cloudflare R2 is now an established service with many users. However, the mattermost team blames minio-go and doesn’t seem to have the will to fix it.