Dev setup New here driving me nuts! Please help!

I can’t seem to “make run-server” or “make build” and something is not configured correctly. I have the %GOPATH% set to C:\Projects\Go and tried switching it just in case this post Problems when executing "make run" while trying to setup mattermost on Windows would fix it. No luck see below the output:
PS C:\Users\pwills004\source\repos\mattermost-server> make run-server
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, uname, …) failed.
Makefile:21: pipe: No error
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, uname -m, …) failed.
Makefile:21: pipe: No error
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, rm -f imports/imports.go, …) failed.
Makefile:173: pipe: No such file or directory
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, rm -f imports/boards_imports.go, …) failed.
Makefile:195: pipe: No such file or directory
‘test’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
./scripts/setup_go_work.sh
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, id -u, …) failed.
Makefile:100: pipe: No such file or directory
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, id -g, …) failed.
Makefile:100: pipe: No such file or directory
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, bash C:\Users\pwills004\source\repos\mattermost-server\scripts\setup_go_work.sh, …) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make: *** [Makefile:419: setup-go-work] Error 2
I believe "make build " has the same issue.

Can anyone help? I’ve been successful deploying an image to docker but really need the local repo to run as we are in a time crunch and trying to complete a POC. Any help from anyone? Anyone experienced the same issue? I’m sure I didn’t set something correctly in order for this to work.

This looks like a problem with Windows environment. Are you using Windows WSL?

Yes trying too but no luck. Also VS Code

It seems like your environment doesn’t like Makefile commands. Sorry I don’t have much knowledge on Windows. But I have heard some of our contributors use WSL and that works.

Just a quick sanity check, have you checked this link: Developer setup and the “Windows WSL” tab. Is it still not working for you after following those steps?

Thanks so much I managed to get it deployed finally. I’m not used to Wsl commands and using the command prompt with it so yes I finally did get it. Thanks so much!