How do I pin board(s) to the sidebar?

Hi guys, I’m new here and I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way to pin a channel’s board(s) to the sidebar so that I can access it easily.

Otherwise if I’m currently at the first channel, and I wanted to access the second channel’s second board, I have to click the top left icon, select “Boards”, then click the dropdown, select the correct channel, then select the second Board. That’s 5 clicks to look at a “To-Do” board.

If I have more than two boards in my organisation and one personal board, that’s three lists that I have to click many times to access. I am aware that I can access a particular channel’s board on the top right of the channel but I sincerely believe it’ll be way easier if I could pin any board belonging to the channel on the sidebar.

Hi @kenshinjeff and welcome to the Mattermost forums!

This is unfortunately not possible currently, because boards and channels are a different product and you need to switch to the product view of boards in order to see the boards. There might be something like a customizable dashboard or the like in the future, but for the time being, your only option would be to open the board and click on “share” at the top right. You will then see a link you can copy to your clipboard and this link can be saved in the channel header or in the channel notes for your own channel or town square, so you can jump directly to the board by clicking on a link. Not a perfect solution, but it should reduce the number of necessary clicks a bit.

Hi there, thank you for your suggestion. As you say, it’s not perfect but it should help. Thank you!