I want to connect mattermost with other systems
- I am wondering how to enter mattermost url, log in and redirect to another system.
- When I log in to another system and access mattermost, I want to know how to authenticate automatically with user information in DB and create token without log in newly.
I wonder if I should add a plugin and how to configure it.
Hi @bje! Thank you for reaching out.
Can you help with more details on what you mean by “other systems”?
thanks for answer, @amy.blais
other system means “IBM Security Access Manager”
the step is…
- users login “IBM Security Access Manager”
- user try to access mattermost
- “IBM Security Access Manager” will send header include some cookie data
- I want to authenticate mattermost use cookie data(maybe mattermost username is same as cookie data)
- if cookie data is null, i want to redirect “IBM Security Access Manager” sso
- i try to modify login.go file but I can’t access it
so, what should i do…
please let me know, some guide or how to authentication without password…
looking at - YouTube it seems that the ibm software provides saml for authentication through third parties. Mattermost (enterprise) supports saml as well.