How to subscribe to the cloud free version for an organization with a non business email?

Hello,

I’m a member of an organization and we would like to use the free Mattermost cloud version to simplify communication between our members.
I have tried to signup but I have a message saying I need to provide a business address, which our organization does not provide.
Is it possible to use the cloud version in our case?
Thanks,
Yannick

Hi @Burtin and welcome to the Mattermost forums!

Freemail addresses are not allowed on the cloud instances, you might be able to find a free mail provider which is not on the list in order to circumvent that, but as of today, the requirement is to use your own (business) domain.

It might be possible to use free anonymizing services to get you signed up, something like https://anonaddy.com/. You will basically just create a second name for your e-mail address there and try to register it on the Mattermost cloud; after your initial registration is done, you do not need the address anymore (only for password recovery purposes or the like, so you can even forget about it if you want).

Not an ideal solution, but I think that’s what it boils down to. On the other hand, you can get a public domain including e-mail services for very little money, depending on the top level domain.