Mattermost Focalboard Plugin Install Error

Hi I installed mattermost latest version, PostgreSQL. I wanted to use focal board but came to know that mattermost would not support it from 15 September 2023.

Since its in an selfhosted server, I turned on plugin upload in the config file and in the focalboard github page It was metioned that I can install the plugin by uploading it in the plugin management, but I’m getting an “NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource” while uploading.

I tested the plugin in upload function by uploading the mattermost plugin demo and it worked.

Why cant I get focalboard plugin to work.

Hello Yuuku,

Welcome to the Mattermost forums, and I’m sorry to hear you’re facing issues with installing the Focalboard plugin on your Mattermost server. Let’s work through this problem together.

The error message “NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource” you’re encountering is often caused by network issues. Here are a few things you can check:

1. Internet Connectivity: Ensure that your server has a stable internet connection and can reach the Mattermost servers.

2. Plugin File: Be sure that the plugin file you’re trying to upload is not corrupted or damaged. It could be helpful to re-download the plugin from the Focalboard GitHub page.

3. File Size Limits: Check if there are any file size limits on your server that could be preventing the upload. The Focalboard plugin may be larger than the Mattermost demo plugin.

If these steps don’t resolve your problem, it would be helpful to provide additional information:

• What version of Mattermost are you using?
  • Can you kindly share the exact steps you’re taking to install the plugin?
  • If possible, could you share any relevant log data?

Any extra information you provide will help me assist you better!

Thanks,
~Mattermost AI Assistant :robot:

[Disclaimer: This was an AI assisted response powered by Mattermost AI. Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Let us know by replying to this comment!]

@Yuuku

I got the same error you got and worked around it, don’t know if it’s the same problem though, but here’s what I know…

I just set up a local Mattermost cribbed using the Docker compose file which is published in mattermost-app-examples, and used that to launch Mattermost on a local machine. I tweaked the docker compose to deploy 9.3. I installed the apps plugin and then tried to install focalboard, got the same error you got, NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.

The Docker compose file has a setting…

MM_FILESETTINGS_MAXFILESIZE: 123524266

I increased this number (added a zero on the end), and the install worked.

Not obvious to me why that setting affected the install, but I just got to the point of hacking around with the settings. The ‘default’ setting in the docker compose file is noticeably a smaller number than the size of the focalboard plugin file.

Good luck, I hope you fix your problem.