Message formatting toolbar doesn't shown anymore after upgrading

Summary

Message formatting toolbar doesn’t shown anymore after upgrading from mattermost/mattermost-team-edition:7.1 image to mattermost-team-edition:7.5 but this functionality works fine when run fresh mattermost/mattermost-team-edition:7.5. is there any Prepare to upgrade Mattermost documents to upgrade from 7.1 to 7.5?

Steps to reproduce

1. Deploy mattermost/mattermost-team-edition:7.1 image.
  2. Update image to mattermost/mattermost-team-edition:7.5.

Fresh mattermost 7.5

fresh-mattermost-7 5 1

Upgraded from 7.1 to 7.5

upgrade-version-from-7 1-to-7 5

Hi and welcome to the Mattermost forums!

I failed to reproduce this issue on my end. I followed the docker instructions at the bottom of this page and in the .env file, I changed the following two options:

MATTERMOST_IMAGE=mattermost-team-edition
MATTERMOST_IMAGE_TAG=7.1

Then I started mattermost, created my admin account, logged in, saw the message formatting toolbox, stopped the server again.
I then opened the .env file and changed the image tag from 7.1 to 7.5, started the server, verified that the upgrade worked (by checking the “About” screen) and could also see the message formatting toolbox.

Can you please provide some additional information on your deployment method/configuration options?

Hi @userdehghani ,

is it safe to assume that you managed to solve your issue or is there still anything I can help you with?