Multi-factor Authentication Setup

Hello,

is it possible to change the Multi-factor Authentication Setup page text?
We would like our users to use Microsoft Authenticator only.

Original:
Step 1:** On your phone, download Google Authenticator from [iTunes]or [Google Play]
Step 2:** Use Google Authenticator to scan this QR code, or manually type in the secret key

For example:
Step 1:** On your phone, download Microsoft Authenticator from [iTunes] or [Google Play]
Step 2:** Use Microsoft Authenticator to scan this QR code, or manually type in the secret key

Thank you

Hi, @dodolo

Based on my understanding, you would like to modify the https://<fqdn>/mfa/setup page with your own content (in this case, the Microsoft Authenticator).

This should be possible provided that you customize Mattermost by forking the mattermost-webapp and modify the ../i18n/en.json on lines 2969 to 2971 as highlighted here.

Once done, just refer to steps #4 to #8 and let me know how it goes on your end.

hi, @ahmaddanial

That is exactly what i need, thank you!

Regarding step 4 - Make Package or Make Build. Do i need any additional program to create a package?
I’m using Windows 10, git for windows.

Thank you!

Hi, @dodolo

You are welcome. Since you are running on Windows, please check on the Make for Windows for more information on this since it does not come together with the OS by default as far as I know.