Native support for voice, video or screen sharing?

Hi,
Could someone clarify for me whether Mattermost has “its own” voice, video & screen sharing features, or are these functions purely integrations with other services such as Zoom to handle the calls?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi @steveharman, you can find more info of the available voice, video and screenshare options here: https://docs.mattermost.com/deployment/video-and-audio-calling.html

Thanks. So it does seem that integrating with external 3rd party services is necessary for voice, screen sharing & video calling?

I’m just trying to get my head around the requirements if we moved from Slack - where all those features are handled natively within the product itself.

Steve

Hi Steve - that’s correct, though there are several self-hosted options that you can run on-premises in cases when an integration with a cloud provider is not desired.

For many of the other options, the set up should only take a few minutes, and Kopano WebMeetings provides an embedded 1-1 audio/video option into the Mattermost interface.

Am I right that there is no any embedded solution now?

1. Kopano WebMeetings plugin is now discontinued.
  2. niklabh/mattermost-plugin-webrtc-video doesn’t work and doesn’t develop
1 Like

This plugin seems to have voice call and screen sharing. GitHub - mattermost/mattermost-plugin-calls

Hey there, we just announced public beta in Mattermost for native voice calling and screen sharing. Here’s the blog post: Introducing Voice Calling and Screen Sharing in Channels - Mattermost

You can check it out by creating a Cloud workspace or v7.0+ for self-hosted.