Password reset link is not send

Hi,

When I request one password reset link on ‘forgot password’ feature I don’t receive any message in my related account email.

I forgot my password and cannot access my account at this time

Hello, @88787j

A couple of questions to understand the problem better:

• Did you try to get in touch with your Mattermost System Administrator to seek help for resetting your password directly?

• Since you have tried to reset the password through <mattermost_url/reset_password>, did you check in the spam / junk email folder to confirm if the password reset email is there?

I would like to understand better if this is more of a technical issue or rather an administrative one that should be handled by your System Administrator respectively.

Did you try to get in touch with your Mattermost System Administrator to seek help for resetting your password directly?

Not yet

• Since you have tried to reset the password through <mattermost_url/reset_password> , did you check in the spam / junk email folder to confirm if the password reset email is there?

Nothing is send. I checked all folders

Hello, @88787j

Got it. With that being the case, there might be an issue with the hosting mail server. Can you get the system administrator to join the discussion here so we can figure out what the issue actually is?

Please ask him / her to attach the snippet from the mattermost.log when the email is expected to be sent to your mailbox. Thanks.

I am not receiving password emails either, and now I am locked out of Mattermost entirely.

I sent the password reset multiple times, and the link never arrived, either in my inbox, spam, trash or all mail.

Have you had a chance to contact your system admin about this?

1 Like

Hello there, yes I did, but the error message that I am getting says that my account is locked because of “too many failed password attempts”; it is not taking the original password I created, and it won’t send me a password reset email.

How would my system admin for the server be able to send me a password reset email for my own personal account password? I don’t understand.

Hello, @lalumiere368

The System Administrator has the ability to reset your password from the backend (if your account was created locally, not synced from AD/LDAP/SSO) through System console → Users → Member → reset password .

Once that is done, you should be able to log in using the password and proceed to change the old password to a new one from your account.

I got it sorted out. Still not sure why the password reset link didn’t work. Thanks!