[SOLVED] 503 Service Unavailable

Summary

I’m suddenly getting the following error when viewing my mattermost install from a web page:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

I’m serve mattermost via apache2. I have other web sites running, and they have no issues. Mattermost had no issues until some time today.

I have a bunch of errors in /var/log/apache2/error.log of the form:
[Wed Feb 15 17:57:51.566095 2017] [proxy:error] [pid 3365] (111)Connection refused: AH00957: HTTP: attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1:8065 (*) failed

Where else should I look for clues?

UPDATE:

I looked in mattermost.log and saw this:
[2017/02/16 14:49:37 PST] [CRIT] Failed to ping db err:dial tcp 127.0.0.1:3306: getsockopt: connection refused
But those errors have been happening for months it seems, since I first did the install.

UPDATE2:

I looked in mysql logs, and there were errors saying that 127.0.0.1 was denied access to the mysql database. It seems that another program I had installed recently changed the settings in /etc/mysql/my.cnf changed the bind-address parameter to something other than localhost. Changing it back and restarting mysql did the trick.

1 Like

Hi @bill

Glad you’ve found the source of the issue! Just confirming it’s resolved for you now?

Yes, @lindy65, everything is resolved.

Fantastic! Thanks for the feedback @bill!