[SOLVED] Team allowing joining by default when having a valid account

Good afternoon,

Is it possible to have in Mattermost a general team, where anyone properly logged in can access?. I know there’s an option as Admin of the team where you can set “Allow any user with an account to join” to achieve it… but… can be set to a team this configuration by default, for not having to create manually the team, later go to team settings and so…

Best regards,

Hi @egoitz,

At present this feature isn’t available but you may be able to achieve this by configuring your config.json or via the API.

Hi Lindy65!

Thanks a lot for your answer. What could be done in config.json for this purpose?. That’s what I was looking for :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Could anyone know how to do it from config.json? (as Lindy65 said I mean… and if I have understand properly :slight_smile: )

Best regards,

Hi @egoitz,

I’m not actually sure how to edit the config.json so I’ve asked our engineers for help and will post back here once I have some news :slight_smile:

Hi @egoitz,

According to our engineers, this is a per-team setting, so it can’t be done in config.json for one single team. It has to be done either in the team settings dialog, or via the equivalent API call.

Does this help?

Thanks !! yes it does :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like