Switching to unread channel displays arbitrarily old messages

Note that the issue still occurs, even after upgrading the server to v5.21.0 (only when mattermost dekstop zoom level is less than standard).

However, the bug presents itself differently since the upgrade. Now when it hangs, the channel contents window is completely empty except for “Loading…” with animated dots. This message/animation is completely centered in the screen and no messages are present.

Yea, same here. 5.21.0 and everything works perfectly on 125% zoom but not 90%.

@LittleBobbyLikesChat @stnz @jasonsmith We have a fix for this in 5.22v. We reverted the workaround for chrome bug we had. This should fix the issue.

Great, let’s see. :slight_smile:

mine is working fine

No reply..…???

Hi, @katesmith1304

While you mentioned that yours is working fine based on the comment here

May I know if there is any other specific issues that you would like to highlight that is related to the original topic?

@LittleBobbyLikesChat @stnz Hey, Did any of you update to 5.22v? if so, can you let us know if the issue is resolved?

We will upgrade to 5.23 when it is released and can let you know then (will not be upgrading to 5.22).

It did not - some of our users are still reporting the same issue, currently running 5.22.1.

@miukumac can you let me know the issue you are referring to? Is it being stuck with loading... or arbitrarily old messages

Sorry - arbitrary old messages.

According to a report by one of our workers it seems to happen if you for example send private messages to a user, then jump back to a channel where there are new messages. It then jumps back to older messages rather than displaying the newest ones - oddly enough this does not happen every time.

This used to happen on the Mac desktop client for the user but now only happens on the Android client (updated to the latest via Google Play Store)

@muirdok Aah okay, i take it that it is resolved for desktop users? This forum post is about tracking that specific issue.
I think mobile apps have this issue for a while as far as i know and i will check if there exists a ticket and cross link your post

Thank you, my apologies for posting in the wrong thread :slight_smile:

Hi there,

I am facing the same problem on Mattermost mobile apps for Andorid and iOS.

• Got a new message → Open Mattermost and read the message.

• Now when new messages came in and I (or my friends) open the Mattermost App
    from time to time it will jump back in time to messages which were send some time ago

• Also the red dot on the channel name will not disappear when i’ve red the current new message

• My Workaroud at the moment is to switch from e. g. Town Squere channel to Off-Topic and then back again
    -> this will make the red dot and the “new message” line disappear in the affected channel
    -> No “jumps” to older messages for some time

• I’ve updated from Server Version 5.21.0 to 5.22.2 yesterday, but this dosen’t solve the problem.
    On the desktop client (Windows) I am not facing this problem. (But i am the only Desktop client user on this server - other people using mobile app only)

Mattermost envoironment

• Server OS: Ubuntu 18.04.
    Mattermost Server: 5.22.0 (Build 5.22.2 - Team Ed.)
    Android AP: 1.30.1 (Build 287)
    DB: MariaDB 10.4.12
    PHP: 7.3.17
    Proxy: Apache 2.4.43

Thanks for the great open source messaging App!

Best regards,
Dolo

Hi, I have received the same email. Has anyone found a solution for expo 40?
Can Li Mac Izle vidmateapp