Welcome to Boards page not loading

Summary
I am unable to move forward because the Boards Welcome page is not working for me; I am unable to scroll down to learn how to create and use the Boards feature. Channels and Playbooks are working just fine.

Steps to reproduce
Firefox browser v109.0 on macOS High Sierra

Observed behavior

The page is stuck like this:

Hi @RBazzill and welcome to the Mattermost forums!

This is just a display issue, there’s a button at the bottom which starts a tour but obviously, this page is not scrollable :-/ When you zoom out of this page (press ctrl and spin your mouse wheel) you should be able to see the button at the bottom (alongside with a link to skip the tour) and once you click on it, you should be able to use boards.

Thank you! Zooming out helped, but then the “Take a Tour” button didn’t work. But alas, I can now access Boards and begin learning.

Great, thanks for the confirmation - the button didn’t work for me either, I’ve already reported that so this issue (and also the landingpage itself) can be fixed in one of the next releases.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks so much!

@RBazzill I tested on Firefox browser v110.0 on macOS and switched to a 1280x800 resolution, but am not able to reproduce the issue. There should be a scrollbar on the right regardless of the resolution. Can you try upgrading to the latest version of Firefox to see if that fixes the issue?

The “Take a Tour” button seems to happen on Firefox only and not on other browsers, so we’ll file a bug on that and have someone on the team look into it.

Unfortunately, now that I am inside of the Boards feature, I can no longer recreate the issue because I don’t seem to have access to the initial “Welcome to Boards” page.

Thanks @RBazzill. We’ll keep an eye out on this bug to see if other people are experiencing the same issue.

Also reported the “Take a tour” button issue on [MM-51020] - Mattermost, but you might not have access to see the ticket. It doesn’t happen consistently, but someone on the team will look into it.

@wuwinson I can reproduce that anytime, here, if you need additional information, just let me know.
When I shrink my browser window, it looks like this (no vertical scrollbar):

When I also reduce the horizontal size, the image gets replaced with a smaller version and I can see the button:

So I think the problem is caused by a combination of great width and small height and I can also reproduce it with the latest Firefox version.

Thanks @agriesser! Logged that as a separate issue under [MM-51035] - Mattermost.

Thanks, I think we’re safe to leave this issue alone now, the workaround is available and both problems have been logged.