Why was the Google Calendar plugin repo archived?

My company is in the process of switching from Slack to Mattermost. One of the integrations we want is the Google Calendar Plugin. Apparently the GitHub repo was archived November 2022… I haven’t been able to find an explanation as to why anywhere.

Does the Google Calendar Plugin no longer work? Is it just unmaintained? A security risk?

1 Like

I believe I may have found the answer: I assume this is dead? · Issue #34 · mattermost/mattermost-plugin-google-calendar · GitHub

We are focusing on GitHub - mattermost/mattermost-app-gcal: Google Calendar Mattermost App as part of our upcoming Mattermost Apps release in 2022. 1/5 we should keep the repo until Apps 1.0 and the gCal app are released.

Hi @ffdhork and welcome to the Mattermost forums!

I’m unsure if this app is currently working at all and what the status here is, to be honest - the new repository does not show much information. The official marketplace also still points to the outdated repo, but has an “Expired badge” on it:

Let me see if I can find out about the status.

1 Like

@agriesser hello, any news? New repo GitHub - mattermost/mattermost-app-gcal: Google Calendar Mattermost App no information. I tried old plugin on mattermost-preview docker image, its working on /calendar list|create|schedule, but very important feature Notification 10 min broken what makes it unusable. Any plans to fix plugin or create new app?

Hi @leros1337 and welcome to the Mattermost forums!

No news on that unfortunately, the plugin is not an official Mattermost plugin, it’s provided by a third party as a result of the Mattermost Hackaton 2019, so Mattermost is most likely not going to fix that anytime soon I’m afraid.
Maybe @amy.blais has more information about that.