Hello, I am setting up Mattermost using Linux Ubuntu. I did manage to run it on localhost:8070, but it does not run under my local ip address (http://192.168.202.181:8070/). My firewall is disabled. And i have site url set to http://192.168.202.181:8070/ and ListenAddress “:8070”
Welcome to the Mattermost community forums!
I can help you troubleshoot the issue you’re facing with running Mattermost on your local IP address. Here are a few steps you can try:
- Confirm that Mattermost is bound to the correct IP address: Check your Mattermost configuration file (
config.json) and ensure that the
ListenAddressis set to
"localhost:8070". This will make sure it listens on all available network interfaces.
- Check firewall settings: Although you mentioned that your firewall is disabled, it’s worth double-checking. Temporarily enable the firewall and make sure port 8070 is open for incoming connections.
- Verify network connectivity: Ensure that your Ubuntu machine’s IP address is indeed
192.168.202.181by running the
ifconfigcommand in the terminal. Also, make sure you can access other services (e.g., web servers) running on the same IP address.
- Check if the port is accessible: From another machine on the same local network, try accessing
http://192.168.202.181:8070/using a web browser. If it fails, there might be an issue with network settings, such as a router configuration or network isolation.
- Verify Mattermost site URL: Confirm that the
SiteURLsetting in the
config.jsonfile is set to
By following these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue preventing Mattermost from running on your local IP address. Let me know if you need further assistance!
[Disclaimer: This was an AI assisted response powered by ChatGPT. Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Let us know by replying to this comment!]