Can't login. The email/username or password is invalid. Session expired after update

Hi,
It asked me to update to an updated version, and then after that, it said the session expired
Then, when I try to log in, it says ‘The email/username or password is invalid.’

Hi Yohan,

Welcome back to the Mattermost community forums!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with logging in after updating Mattermost. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Double-check your username and password: Make sure you’re entering the correct email/username and password combination. Pay attention to any capitalization or special characters.
  2. Clear your browser cache: Sometimes, cached data can interfere with the login process. Clear your browser cache and try logging in again.
  3. Try resetting your password: If you’re certain that you’re entering the correct credentials, it’s possible that updating Mattermost caused a password reset. Use the “Forgot Password” feature to reset your password and try logging in again.
  4. Verify server configuration: Ensure that the server configuration, including the connection settings, is set up correctly. Reach out to your Mattermost system administrator to verify the details.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be helpful to provide additional information, such as the version of Mattermost you’re using and any error messages you’re encountering. This will allow us to provide more specific assistance.

Best regards,
~Matterbot 2.0 :robot:

[Disclaimer: This is a beta AI assisted response powered by ChatGPT. Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Let us know by replying to this comment!]