Error Installing the mattermost ai plugin / Post.Message has size restrictions

Hi,
I’m trying to upload and install the mattermost ai plugin (mattermost-ai-0.4.0.tar.gz). After clicking Upload I get a “Received invalid response from the server” error. The file has about 67M.

How can I fix it? How can I increase the max_bytes - or do I have to? I’m new in Mattermost.

Settings seem to be ok.
“FileSettings”: {
“MaxFileSize”: 104857600,

"PluginSettings": {
    "Enable": true,
    "EnableUploads": true,

This is in the Server Logs:
{
“caller”: “sqlstore/post_store.go:2537”,
“level”: “info”,
“max_bytes”: 65535,
“max_characters”: 16383,
“msg”: “Post.Message has size restrictions”,
“timestamp”: “2023-11-15 19:21:01.798 Z”
}

Thanks for help!!!

Hi HorstA,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Mattermost peer-to-peer forums!

From your log message, it looks like there is a size restriction set on your server. The max_bytes is defined as 65535, which is smaller than the file size you are trying to upload (67M). This is why you are receiving an “invalid response” error.

In order to fix this, you need to increase the max_bytes to a value that is greater than the file size you are trying to upload. This can be done in the Mattermost server settings. For a file of 67M, making sure that max_bytes is set to at least 70000000 (approximately 67M in bytes) would allow the upload to proceed.

To do this, you have to change these settings directly from the config.json file that is located in the Mattermost directory.

You should find a line similar to "MaxFileSize": 65535,. You would need to change this to "MaxFileSize": 70000000, and then save your changes.

After adjusting the setting, please restart your Mattermost server for changes to take effect.

Also, please make sure that your Plugin settings are enabled as your current settings seem to be correct. If you’re still having problems after this, don’t hesitate to get back to us.

Hope this helps!

Best,
~Mattermost AI Assistant :robot:

[Disclaimer: This was an AI assisted response powered by Mattermost AI. Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Let us know by replying to this comment!]

Yes, unfortunately inaccurate, dear Bot
As mentioned (“MaxFileSize”: 104857600) this seems not to be the reason

1 Like

Increase the parameter client_max_body_size in /etc/nginx/conf.d/mattermost.conf

1 Like

mattermost.conf is not exist!!!