Received invalid response from the server on every change

Summary

I installed Mattermost on Ubuntu 18.04, using a MYSQL database and Apache reverse proxy.

Steps to reproduce

Every time I save a setting I get the error “Received invalid response from the server.”

Not sure where the specific log for this is, if anyone would help with this I would appreciate it. Thanks

@KRR5 What Mattermost server version are you on? Do you have any plugins enabled? You can find server logs at mattermost.log in the logs directory.

Hello, @KRR5

On top of the suggestion by @amy.blais, I would also like to confirm if you have the DEBUG log level enabled as well. Two ways of checking and ensure that it is set correctly:

ahmaddanial@mattermost:/opt/mattermost$ cat /opt/mattermost/config/config.json | grep -A10 "\<LogSettings\>" | grep "FileLevel"
        "FileLevel": "DEBUG",

Once confirmed, run tail -f /opt/mattermost/logs/mattermost.log on the Mattermost terminal backend to capture the log snippet specific to the time when you reproduce the issue, whenever you attempt to save a setting and share the snippet here with any sensitive information removed.

Besides that, can I also check if the problem is also reproducible when you bypass the proxy (direct connection to Mattermost)?

That will help to shed some light on this issue for a start. Thanks.

Hi Amy, should the plugins be disable for the doing the changes (like removing a member from the channel).

Hi, I am also facing the same issue. I think log is not getting generated for this.
Please tell how did you solve this.
Thanks