How to install using MatterMost windows .exe installer

I have installed Mattermost 4.4.0 version using the windows exe installer on my Win10 machine. I have a few questions:

1. How to install it silently? What is the silent installation parameters that i can use? Is it /quiet or /silent

2. After I have successfully installed, when i launch the app, it prompts below window. Where can i automatically set the Server Name and Server URL during installation? Is it in the registry?

2020-03-20_0-21-59

Welcome, @jmazlan! We now offer a Desktop MSI Installer, which supports group policies for configuring things like the default server list. I believe it also facilitates silent installation through the usual Windows distribution model.

Check out the documentation at https://docs.mattermost.com/install/desktop-msi-gpo.html and let us know if that works for you!

Hi Jesse
Thanks for the reply
However i see that the Desktop MSI installer is a beta version.
Is there any stable and complete MSI installer?

No it is still beta. There are a few problems that need to be addressed.

The GPO is also working with the exe installer.
How do you deploy other software?

Hello, @jmazlan

On top of the suggestions by @jesse and @JtheBAB, do check on the Windows App: Pre-Configuration and Silent Deployment documentation that suggest batch deployment as another method that might fit your requirement.

I am using powershell script to execute the .exe installer and deploy the software via SCCM deployment tool.

In addition, i see that under %APPDATA%\Mattermost, there is already a config.json file that is being created once the software is installed.
Would it be sufficient if I just edit the file and insert the information that i would want to edit after the software has successfully installed?