"License key from https://mattermost.com required to unlock enterprise features." on backup/export

When I export my Mattermost I get the following message:

{“level”:“info”,“ts”:1790547715.4750972,“caller”:“app/license.go:44”,“msg”:“License key from https://mattermost.com required to unlock enterprise features.”}

Does it affect the backup if I don’t have a license key, or is it just a reminder (promoting the Enterprise edition).

I know that in the cloud version of Mattermost you can only see so many messages far back, and I cannot remember if you can run a backup from there, but sure if you can once again it would only go so far back.

If I have self-hosted Mattermost, does it only backup so far, or do I get all my stuff backed up?

Thank you.

Hi @gamesharkmike! Your username and avatar just flashed me back to my Gameshark days. :slight_smile: Thanks for that!

That informational message just means Enterprise features aren’t licensed and doesn’t impose a backup history limit. To preserve all data still stored on your self-hosted server, follow the backup guide to back up your database, configuration, and file storage, since a bulk export alone isn’t a complete server backup.