My application with macOS, started doing a strange thing

I don’t know how to explain it, but better a video to show it.

Basically, if I try to talk to any of my classmates, it takes me to

Channel Not Found
The channel you’re requesting is private or does not exist. Please contact an Administrator to be added to the channel.

Back to Town Square

Apreciate help

Hi @abkrimm ,

can you also reproduce that using a web browser and by accessing the server directly and not via the desktop app?
If so, what does the URL look like after you clicked on any of your classmates?
Did this start happening recently and if so, where there any changes lately to your setup? Any updates you installed or the like?

What mattermost server version are you running at the moment and if you upgraded, which version did you run prior to upgrading?
Can you see anything relevant in the server’s logfiles (/opt/mattermost/logs/mattermost.log by default) if you have access to them?

Hello

It doesn’t just happen to me in the app. On the web browsing perfectly and I do all the actions that I could do before in the mac os app, and that now leaves me unable to use it.

It happened to me on Monday. I think it was after the last update of the desktop app. To avoid the mess, I uninstalled the app with a mac cleaner and re-downloaded the latest version, and logged in again. Something better, because before when logging in, it directly led me to the error, but now, the error is when he tries to talk privately with a member of the team.

I even removed my authentication with Gitlab, which was not fully operational, via TablePlus (mysql)

I have not updated the version of the server yesterday because I have it with tar.gz. and I failed. So out of necessity restore the snapshot from before attempting the update. so i’m with

Mattermost Version: 7.7.0
Database Schema Version: 100
Database: mysql

When I click on the app in a colleague, and I get the error, nothing appears in the log (I’m viewing with tail -f

tail -f /opt/mattermost/logs/mattermost.log
{"timestamp":"2023-04-12 07:53:22.468 Z","level":"warn","msg":"Failed to localize message","caller":"app/plugin_api.go:979 ","plugin_id":"com.mattermost.apps","message ID":"command.install.listed.description","error":"message \"command.install.listed.description\" not found in language \"is\""}
{"timestamp":"2023-04-12 07:53:22.468 Z","level":"warn","msg":"Failed to localize message","caller":"app/plugin_api.go:979 ","plugin_id":"com.mattermost.apps","message ID":"field.appID.description","error":"message \"field.appID.description\" not found in language \"en\ ""}
{"timestamp":"2023-04-12 07:53:22.468 Z","level":"warn","msg":"Failed to localize message","caller":"app/plugin_api.go:979 ","plugin_id":"com.mattermost.apps","message ID":"command.install.http.hint","error":"message \"command.install.http.hint\" not found in language \"is\""}
{"timestamp":"2023-04-12 07:53:22.468 Z","level":"warn","msg":"Failed to localize message","caller":"app/plugin_api.go:979 ","plugin_id":"com.mattermost.apps","message ID":"command.install.http.description","error":"message \"command.install.http.description\" not found in language \"is\""}
{"timestamp":"2023-04-12 07:53:22.468 Z","level":"warn","msg":"Failed to localize message","caller":"app/plugin_api.go:979 ","plugin_id":"com.mattermost.apps","message ID":"field.url.description","error":"message \"field.url.description\" not found in language \"en\ ""}
{"timestamp":"2023-04-12 07:53:22.468 Z","level":"warn","msg":"Failed to localize message","caller":"app/plugin_api.go:979 ","plugin_id":"com.mattermost.apps","message ID":"field.url.hint","error":"message \"field.url.hint\" not found in language \"en\ ""}
{"timestamp":"2023-04-12 07:53:22.468 Z","level":"warn","msg":"Failed to localize message","caller":"app/plugin_api.go:979 ","plugin_id":"com.mattermost.apps","message ID":"command.list.form.title","error":"message \"command.list.form.title\" not found in language \"is\""}
{"timestamp":"2023-04-12 07:53:22.469 Z","level":"warn","msg":"Failed to localize message","caller":"app/plugin_api.go:979 ","plugin_id":"com.mattermost.apps","message ID":"field.include_plugins.description","error":"message \"field.include_plugins.description\" not found in language \"en\ ""}
{"timestamp":"2023-04-12 07:53:22.469 Z","level":"warn","msg":"Failed to localize message","caller":"app/plugin_api.go:979 ","plugin_id":"com.mattermost.apps","message ID":"command.uninstall.description","error":"message \"command.uninstall.description\" not found in language \"en\ ""}
{"timestamp":"2023-04-12 07:53:22.469 Z","level":"warn","msg":"Failed to localize message","caller":"app/plugin_api.go:979 ","plugin_id":"com.mattermost.apps","message ID":"field.appID.description","error":"message \"field.appID.description\" not found in language \"en\ ""}

Thanks for reply