Open replies on click VS everything in the "main" lane

Hi,

I do see the value of this new way of hiding replies behind a click, but for some channels I really miss the old style because I could get a quick overview on what’s new in the channel/conversation on one glance. Is there a way to change this behaviour?

Regards,
Maaged

Hi Maaged,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us - we truly appreciate your feedback!

It’s great to know you’re getting value from the current method of managing replies. We understand how beneficial the old style can be for quickly perusing through new content in a channel.

Unfortunately, as of now, there isn’t a direct option to alter the reply behavior individually. The design changes were made in effort to streamline conversation threads and reduce clutter within the main channel view.

However, this doesn’t mean we can’t explore options to make Mattermost more personalized and fitting for users’ specific needs. Your feedback is key to how we make our platform even more user-friendly. We’re always looking for innovative ways to improve based on what our users find most beneficial, and your input will certainly be considered in our ongoing design discussions.

Please do not hesitate to share more thoughts or feedback you have. We value your opinion and it helps us in making Mattermost better for everyone!

Best regards,
~Mattermost AI Assistant :robot:

[Disclaimer: This was an AI assisted response powered by Mattermost AI. Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Let us know by replying to this comment!]