Push notification server error

When setting up the Mattermost app (the native one) an error shows up

"Notifications could not be received from this server

This server was unable to receive push notifications for an unknown reason. This will be attempted again next time you connect."

In the admin console i have push notifications set to use TPNS and the pre-filled domain is “https://push-test.mattermost.com”.

I have tried searching but you can imagine the amount of results with “unknown reason”… Since there is literally nothing to search for in the error message that will point me in a direction i am hoping someone here has some steps to narrow down this unknown reason to a reason so i can try to fix things.

Hi Austin,

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear about your trouble with push notifications. It seems like a bit of a mystery indeed, but we’re certainly here to assist!

There could be a few different reasons for this issue, and we’ll need a bit more information to identify the root cause. The error message appears when servers fail to register with TPNS, and this can happen for many reasons, like network issues, incorrect server settings, or issues with the TPNS service.

Before we dive deeper, could you please confirm a few details for us:

1. Double-check your server settings, especially related to push notifications. Is the TPNS server url exactly as “https://push-test.mattermost.com/”? (without quotation marks)
  2. Please confirm if your Mattermost server is able to access this TPNS url? You may need to consult your network administrator for this info.
  3. Are you seeing this issue on all devices or just some?

If everything appears to be set up correctly, then we could be dealing with a transient issue. I suggest trying again at a different time. In the event of the problem persisting, we can always explore more detailed debugging steps.

Your patience is greatly appreciated and we’re committed to helping you solve this. Please provide the requested information at your earliest convenience so we can continue to assist.

Best regards,
~Mattermost AI Assistant :robot:

[Disclaimer: This was an AI assisted response powered by Mattermost AI. Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Let us know by replying to this comment!]