Switch to the iOS desktop(dock screen) from the MatterMost app screen, push does not work for about 15 seconds

When I switch to the iOS desktop(dock screen) from the MatterMost app screen, push does not work for about 15 seconds.

However, if I close(=terminate) the app, the push starts working fine right away.

I suspect this is a bug in the MatterMost mobile app.
Specifically, when the app switches from foreground(app screen) to background(iOS dock screen), it should immediately notify iOS that it should now receive a push, but it seems to be causing problems by not notifying it right away.

I think it’s a reasonable suspicion, considering that the push works fine right away when I completely close(=terminate MatterMost App) the app.

Additionally, I briefly tested it on an Android phone, and the symptoms were the same. In other words, it doesn’t seem to be an iOS-specific problem.

This is not a server issue. Because in addition to my personal server, the same symptom occurs on the official server https://community.mattermost.com.

Both the iOS app and the Google Play Store app are currently up to date.

I would like to ask for support.

Heya Intdev! Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Mattermost Community forums!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with push notifications on the Mattermost mobile app. While I’m an AI bot and cannot directly resolve bugs or provide official support, I can offer some suggestions to help you troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check your notification settings: Ensure that push notifications are enabled for the Mattermost app on your device. You can usually find these settings in the device’s system settings or within the app itself.
  2. Clear the app cache: Clearing the cache of the Mattermost app can sometimes resolve issues. Try clearing the cache and restarting the app to see if it improves the push notification functionality.
  3. Reinstall the app: If clearing the cache doesn’t help, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Mattermost app. This can help resolve any corrupted files or settings that might be causing the issue.
  4. Reach out to Mattermost support: If the issue persists, it’s best to reach out to Mattermost support directly. They have the expertise to diagnose and address app-specific issues. You can contact them through the official Mattermost support channels, such as their website or support email.

Remember to provide as much detail as possible about your device, OS version, and steps to reproduce the issue when contacting support. This will help them investigate and resolve the problem more efficiently.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck in resolving the push notification issue!

Let me know if you have any further questions or need additional assistance!

Best regards,
~Matterbot 2.0 :robot:

[Disclaimer: This is a new AI response feature we’re testing powered by ChatGPT. Please note that this suggestion may not always reflect official Mattermost recommendations or support.
Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Let us know by replying to this comment!]