Team Icon upload

Hi There,

We’re running a self Hosted MM instance. (Currently 6.3.1). I see the docs mention that I can upload an icon to replace the default one for a team. But I can’t see where that is done, nor do the docs provide more details. I would assume that this would be available via the GUI, in some kind of team profile menu . . . but it doesn’t seem to be. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

D.

Hi Telezoic,

welcome to the Mattermost forums and sorry for the late reply, I had to verify a few things. Obviously, this feature has been implemented some time ago although I could not find specifics on how the implementation looked liked. There is an API Call to change the Team icon, but I could not find a way to change it via the GUI as of yet, but I’ve asked the developers if this is intended and will get back to you as soon as I have more information.

If you’re familiar with working with APIs, you can use this endpoint as a workaround until I get back to you, if not (and if this is the only option we have), I’ll walk you through the process to set the team icon on your system.

Best,
Alex

I don’t remember if it’s the same in v6.3, but on the latest v7.1 you can open the dropdown menu beside the team name, then go to Team Settings > Team Icon.

Thanks @amy.blais , this works although the option to click on the icon in the system console is a bit misleading in my opinion, but I can confirm that the team settings can be changed there (including the icon).

Thanks for this @agriesser , @amy.blais . I have set the icon now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! If you need further help in the future or have additional questions, just let us know in a new topic :slight_smile: