I don’t see a way to add a user to a channel in the MM app (android, v2.1). A work-around is to tag the user
@user in the channel and then you will be prompted to add the user to channel. However, tagging users in private channels prompts to add them to the channel, but users are not added to private channel.
This is a known “issue”, the “add members” feature has not made it into 2.1, the PR is ready, though, so it should be merged into one of the next releases:
08:03PM - 17 Nov 22 UTC
This PR implements the `Add Members` Screen. It is available by c
… licking the `Add People` box which can be located via the following ways:
1) Channel > `...` in header
2) Channel > tap the channel header
This PR does not implement the bottom selected users panel at this time. It is in a separate PR. https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-mobile/pull/6699
- [ ] guest cannot add people, do we hide the add people box from them?
- [x] return to the Channel Info screen after adding Members
- [x] add toast after adding members
- [x] after removing a user, update the members list to reflect the removed user
- [x] update profile bottom sheet - ticket created https://mattermost.atlassian.net/browse/MM-48470
- [x] fix warning that occurs after selecting a user profile
- [x] needs 'no more users to add to the channel' empty results page
- [x] tutorial should highlight the first row (verify in tablet and phone). Matt says this was working before so might be introducing a regression.
- [ ] need to pop to correct screen in both cases where add people box can be accessed (look at `Start Call` box for example)
- [ ] `Channel Info` > `Add People`
- [ ] `Channel Nav Header` > `...` > `Add People`
- [ ] `Go Back` button when no members left to add also needs to know which screen to `go back` to
#### Ticket Link
Place an '[x]' (no spaces) in all applicable fields. Please remove unrelated fields.
- [ ] Added or updated unit tests (required for all new features)
- [ ] Has UI changes
- [ ] Includes text changes and localization file updates
- [ ] Have tested against the 5 core themes to ensure consistency between them.
#### Device Information
This PR was tested on:
If the PR includes UI changes, include screenshots/GIFs/Videos (for both iOS and Android if possible).
#### Release Note
Add a release note for each of the following conditions:
* New features and improvements, including behavioural changes, UI changes
* Bug fixes and fixes of previous known issues
* Deprecation warnings, breaking changes, or compatibility notes
If no release notes are required write NONE. Use past-tense. Newlines are stripped.
Added a new config setting ServiceSettings.FooBar. Added a new column Foo to the Users table.
The workaround is, as you already said, mentioning users and then click on the “add user to this channel” ephemeral message that appears after you did that.