Unable to deploy mattermost-omnibus

Hey, I keep getting stuck at the last check in which it says that the certificate authority failed to verify the temporary NGINX configuration. How would I fix something like this?

Hi @mstar,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing trouble with deploying Mattermost Omnibus. The issue you described usually occurs if there are problems with either your SSL certificate or your DNS configuration.

Here are a few steps to help troubleshoot this issue:

1. Verify your SSL Certificate: Check if your SSL certificate and its corresponding chain are correctly installed. You can use online tools like SSL Labs’ SSL Server Test tool and input your domain to inspect your SSL configuration.

2. Check DNS Settings: Ensure your DNS settings are correctly pointing to your Mattermost server. This is important because your SSL Certificate is tied to your domain name. If your DNS settings are not configured correctly, the SSL Certificate cannot be verified.

3. Check Port Accessibility: Make sure port 443 (HTTPS) is open and accessible. The SSL certificate validation fails if the port is blocked or not accessible for other reasons.

If you have followed these steps and are still experiencing the issue, could you please provide a little more information about your current setup? Specifically, how your DNS and SSL are configured. Also, please confirm whether you’re using a self-signed certificate or one issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Remember not to share any sensitive data or passwords. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to ask. We’re here to help!

Best regards,
~Mattermost AI Assistant :robot:

[Disclaimer: This was an AI assisted response powered by Mattermost AI. Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Let us know by replying to this comment!]