March 11, 2023, 5:46am
I can’t find channels with Japanese in the Mattermost mobile app. But it works fine on the web and Windows desktop app.
Steps to reproduce
1 Open the mobile app
2 Tap “Find channels…”
3 Enter a Japanese channel name (e.g., 開発部, this means Development Department)
開発部 channel appears in search results
開発部 is not displayed in the search results, and channels not related to the search terms are displayed at the top of the results.
Mattermost Version: 7.7.1 (Omnibus)
OS: Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.4.0-1092-aws x86_64)
Database: PostgreSQL 13.10 (Ubuntu 13.10-1.pgdg18.04+1)
Database Schema Version: 100
Bleve search engine: Enabled
Mobile App Version: 2.1.0 (Build 6000457)
I checked the following issue, and as s-ponta said, I have Bleve enabled, so I think this is not a problem.
09:50AM - 12 Feb 16 UTC
09:49AM - 15 Feb 16 UTC
I'm running mattermost 1.4.0 on server with CentOS6.7 and docker ve
… rsion 1.7.1 installed.
The point is i was not be able to search Japanese word. Is there anyway to fix it?
As far as I have tried, the same situation appears to be happening with Chinese and Korean channel names. And If the channel name is in single-byte characters, I can search for it without any problem in the mobile app.
I would like to know how to resolve this issue.
I’ve alerted the developers about this issue, not sure how to fix that, sorry.
I just got word that this issue will be fixed in the 2.2 release, see the corresponding PR here:
08:57AM - 16 Feb 23 UTC
The implementation of `Q.sanitizeLikeString` uses the regex `/[^a-
… zA-Z0-9]/g` which replace all non-latin characters to `_`, this causes issues when trying to search channels in other languages.
The solution is to replace the regex to use one that only replace those characters that are not safe allowing non-latin characters.
#### Ticket Link
#### Release Note
Fixed searching for channels and users with non-latin characters
March 11, 2023, 9:55am
Thanks for the good news! Looking forward to the release.
March 18, 2023, 6:18am
I have checked with the mobile app version 2.2, released on March 17, and it works perfectly.
Awesome, many thanks for confirming that the anticipated fix indeed is working for you